Saturday, December 17, 2016

Metal Effects

Creating Metal Textures

A project that I've been working on here and there for a while now, is trying to perfect my own method of creating metal effects. I've had fun creating gold and foil effects but I especially love copper! It's been interesting trying to come up with the easiest way to create these effects, and each shape was created with just a little different procedure than the other.

Cherie's Art ©2016
Copper looks great against everything, especially dark colors. Satin smooth copper metal looks beautiful, as well as the hammered metal textures, but I really like the way oxidized copper looks!

Aquas, blues, greens, even purples can show up in oxidized copper. I think my pieces need just a bit more texture on the oxidized parts though, they look too smooth I think. 

So, it's a labor of love creating copper effect, an ongoing project that I really enjoy!
Cherie's Art ©2016

These clip art copper pieces will be available in my Etsy shop soonly, so check out my shop once in a while here: 


post signature
Post a Comment