4.06.2023

BLOGS

 DO YOU BLOG?




READING LIST = BLOGS!

I have a 'reading' list of blogs by people that interest me, artists, crafters, photographers and sewers. A lot of them are from quite a long time ago and so many don't blog anymore. I still need to go through the entire list and delete the ones who are gone. I'm following new blogs now and it's great to see that people still blog! I hate 'social media' sometimes, well a LOT and it's good to know you can still interact with people without all the confrontation, opinionated and seriously mean people ... and ADVERTISEMENTS being shoved in your face!

BRING BACK THE BLOGS!


When I first started selling my art at eBay, I started following a lot of the people in an art group there. The group was called ACEO and Art Card Enthusiasts, or, AA and E. I went through the list of artists I followed and a lot of them were gone, hadn't updated in many years! That is sad. I lost touch and lost the common interest we all had, ART!

So, periodically, I go through my reading list, check out a blog and then search their followers for more people to follow. This is the only way I know of to find blogs that aren't full of pop-up ads and paid advertisements, like recipe blogs. I HATE those! You cannot get to the point, find a recipe without having to go through a maze of ads and links to other places. I instantly leave any site that has a pop-up ad in my face.

So, it's nice to know that there are still 'arts and craft' bloggers out there. It's great to see them having art challenges too. I posted my FOLLOW LIST so you can check out some bloggers and maybe follow some new people too. 

I don't mind using Instagram and Twitter, I like the instant communication especially at Twitter. But I mainly like to post my latest art designs that are for sale. Hopefully, someone, some day, will purchase something from one of my online shops because they saw it on SOCIAL MEDIA! I don't DO Tik Tok, don't think I could stand that place. The world is full of crazy people who do things that are not very nice and they love to show it off. That is not for me. I'll stick to my nice, quiet blog and two social media sites that I can pick what I see. As much as we can, anyway. They always push things that they think we should or would be interested in, I hate that!


ARTS 'N CRAFTS

Every spring I say that I need to do more handmade arts and crafts. I get so excited at Easter time because I want to make beautiful decorated baskets and sell them. But, as usual, I didn't do it again. I like to put paper mache on old wicker baskets and then paint them, reall whimsical and funky like!

I love to paint on glass! I use crackle clear first, let that dry and then start painting flowers. You have to paint from the foreground backwards. It's so much fun!

I have a stained glass kit, dry flowers kit, spray paint kits, sewing machine, serger machine, embossing kit, scrapbook embellishments, collage fodder, paper mache powder, Spirograh, paints, markers, inks and more! You'd think I'd come up with something to make by now, wouldn't you???




No comments: