5.07.2023

MOTHER'S DAY

 I Love You, Mom!


Well, I am truly missing my mom for all of the reasons we miss our mothers. Everytime I think of her, I cry. She just should not be gone from this earth. Nope. But instead of dwelling on the negative, I'll dwell on the positive about my wonderful, beautiful, fun, intelligent, kind and loving mom!

Mom was so lovely, a beautiful woman with a true sense of being her own person with her own style. She never went in for fads or the latest trends, never! She was wholesome, down to earth, witty, and always had the right answers and things to say when we had problems. She had an incredible way of knowing just what the answer was!
The things I think of now about her are so much more intense because I never realised her gifts at the time. What a great person she was! How tolerant and generous she was, so many deeper feelings I have for her now because that is all I have of her.

Mom could cook!!! Most excellent cook she was. Whether it was pancakes and eggs or a cake, fried chicken or sandwich spread, whatever she made was always delicious! I don't remember disliking anything she ever cooked!
Fishing, mom loved to go fishing! It wasn't until after her divorce from dad that mom really got into fishing. It was so much fun going fishing with her too! We'd fish off the pier in Monroe. Then, she started visiting me in the country, we'd go to the damn and just had so much fun! 


Mom got remarried and he liked to fish too, so that was great! She finally was able to have her dream home built on a lake, a private lake where there is so loud racing boats, awesome! Mom won the lottery and bought a pontoon boat and that was our house on the weekends! Me and mom, gone fishing! We drank coffee, smoked cigarettes and just sat and fished. Always said we'd spend the night out on the lake, at least once ... we never did.


When mom started not being able to get out on the boat any longer, after a long battle with back problems, got hooked on pain meds and then she stopped doing everything, even her flower gardening, well that was the beginning of the hardest time of our lives. Seeing her not being able to do the things she used to do was so heartbreaking. Her flowers and planting and taking care of them was everything to her.

We would bring her flowers and pots and plant them and did what we could because her flowers were so important to her. And feeding the hummingbirds and orioles. Her yard was truly heavenly. A heavenly garden!

 A heavenly garden for sure and so wonderful to meet here with family!


I won't go to mom's house anymore. I can't. It was so glorious there, so beautiful, so relaxing and my favorite place on earth to be. I wanted to buy mom's place after she passed, but I could never afford it. It would have been too lonely there too, without her. Maybe someday, I'll get the courage to see it again ... maybe ...

 



It just could never be the heavenly place on earth that it was ... especially, without Mom! xoxo


************************************

No comments: