12.19.2022

SEWING

 SEWING

VIVA MAGENTA COLLECTION
Spoonflower fabrics has design contests all the time and I love entering them! This pattern is the latest entry for the 'Viva Magenta' Color of the Year by Pantone contest. It's a quilt block with the look of real stitching! Isn't it neat?

The color palette was of course, magenta, mixed with very neutral and subdued colors like khaki, light grayish lilace and a pale blue.

I had a hard time 'seeing' anything to create. The colors are not a great palette for me. I don't like the pastel blue and purple at all with this palette.



I like the beiges, brown colors but I do not like those gray lilac and plein air colors with this selection. That is why it is a challenge, especially for me!

Here are some of the other patterns that I've created for this collection. I will be designing more today, using a variety of dots, plaids, florals, paisley and more! I'll add the photos as I get them created and submitted to my Spoonflower shop.



























No comments: