1.21.2024

MICKEY MOUSE

DISNEY COPYRIGHTED ART

Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willy is now public domain art!!!

I was just perusing my blog, reading list, came across something that led me to something else and something else and through that led me to find that the time is up on copyright of Mickey Mouse's Steamboat Willie.
Then, with further reading here and there, I found out that many people knew about this in December 2023, and woa, they've been working on creating!!





The previous photos are screenshots from Twitter!

I don't know a lot about the latest in the digital art world, I don't keep up with it, NFts and animations and all the new terms and whatnot, but I do know I'm def gonna be making something and listing it for sale at my 'print on demand' shops!

I never was a huge fan of making art with Disney characters as I stay away from anything copyrighted, but seeing this news is tempting me to start making some things that actually might sell using this mouse guy! I like Mickey Mouse, but not over crazy love him, never could understand people's love and insane need to collect and wear everything Mickey.


Now I'm curious to see what the other 'thousands' of other cultural works are! Hmmmm ...


By Walt Disney and Ub IwerksVectorization: Mrmw - Own work based on: Mickey Mouse.png:Steamboat Willie, Public Domain

I forget about Creative Commons ... a place to find all sorts of things we can use and use freely with or without attribution. Just follow the rules! There are always rules.

Something I'm also excited about:



Anyway ....

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. It's a coffee, more coffee, more coffee Sunday morning, the sun is shining, I'm still coughing and blowing nose from the good old cold thing I have caught and am tired of living in the cold and darkness of a Michigan winter. So, I'm going to go do some more art, make some Mickey Mouse art stuff, probably some sticker art and post it to my various print on demand sites.

YOU have a fine day!

No comments: