6.26.2023

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS

FAKE ART

That is what I call it. It has been called STOLEN ART as well. Which, I firmly believe, it is. Of course, that is why it is unethical. It isn't really true to form art, it isn't from the soul.

I see so many artists at Etsy selling ai art, it really has taken a toll on my sales. My hand drawn, digital art isn't near as realistic or colorful. But, I won't stop, I won't quit! Art is my passion! Many artists are very passionate about this new technology and how it has destroyed many lives by taking their jobs away!


Eva Toorenent explains it all so much better, so well and has really taken a stance against this crap!


I cannot stand art created by those apps, it's not my style or what I like to create. Art created by applications is just images, not something I'd invest in, have in my home or consider 'real' art. 

To me, art is something that someone created with their own hands, their own skills, thoughts, dreams and practice, practice, PRACTICE!

These new AI art apps 'scrape' images off of the internet, they have stolen billions of images and quite illegally too. Taking art without someone's consent, which has been DONE TO ME, is devastating. It is so dishonest and so wrong - it makes you lose faith in everything good about art and the internet.

Now, with people selling their art as digital downloads, they have truly started affecting my sales at Etsy. All the years I've worked to create, created so many beautiful graphics and sold them, people are opening shops and selling A I art as JPGs, they are too lazy to turn them into PNG files, (it's easy to do) but they don't know HOW TO USE Photoshop or real art programs that you learn to use the tools. Instead, they type in text and the AI program does the rest. 
My Etsy Profile

So, they churn out hundreds of images in a few minutes, sell them as digitals and it's work that one person could not do in years. The painting styles and realism is, of course uncanny and amazing, it's true, but it wasn't really 'painted' on the computer like it would have been in reality. It's a program. It's an art program. Creating fantastic images that one could probably never paint in a few minutes, but maybe months if given real paint and canvas.

It breaks artists hearts to see this happening. It has taken so many jobs away from people who have paid to learn art, studied art, make a living from creating true art.

It broke my heart to see this intricate, gorgeously designed art by someone I know who cannot paint very well. They paint ok, child like and simple, and then to suddenly have this incredible art piece with details, all it did was make me say, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? HOW did you do that when you can't even paint very good for real???

Then I found out it was an art app, they paid for it. So the inventor of these programs get all this money for stolen art, stored in a data base and you pay to use this scraped art to make more stolen art based images.

I hate it.

Another artist I know who trys to be everything all at once and masters non of it photographer, painter, writer, crafter uses those apps that 'manipulate' your photos. She tries to sell her photo manipultions on 'print on demand' products but I know that they aren't printing at 300 pixels per inch. Those art apps only produce images at 72ppi. So her art manipulations look good on the web, but printed, probably not. Another 'deceiver'.

Molly Crabapple has a lot to say about Ai too!

I'm seeing more and more people talking about it and really understanding it and NOT LIKING IT and I am sooo glad it's not just me! Evaboneva, Molly Crabapple and others at Instagram are really helping to spread the word how awful this is. 

There are lawsuits all over the world now, it is affecting photographers, students, the movie/film industry, concept artists, graphic artists, and more! Anyone who uses artificial intelligence for creating ANYTHING is being scrutinized and it is creating a great debate in the social world! Just like those NFTs did when they were first introduced. Some get rich quick and then shut up, close down and run!

The world has a virtual reality addiction. We aren't just images, created. But, what we see in an INSTANT are what we are affected by. Realistic, realism, real time, real scenes, real landscapes, real buildings, real people, real life is REAL --- NOT ARTIFICIALLY CREATED.

MORE INFO ABOUT AI

LINKS:
You must be logged into Etsy to view community posts.



I always GOOGLE everything, always try to find the pros and cons of everything and I did so too with this. YOU should too! Don't asume this is a great way to make 'art' or sell art just because it looks fantastic! Find out all about it, how it was created, what it is doing to our world as a whole. Do the search, read up, learn about it. Google it: What are the pros and cons of artificial intelligence?

No comments: