8.18.2023

SURFACE DESIGN

 MAKING PATTERNS

PEEL AND STICK WALLPAPER AT SPOONFLOWER
ONE of my favorite designs to create is patterns! I especially love creating block 'tile' patterns, like the kind you find on bathroom walls, bathroom floors and kitchen floors, I'm so 'old fashioned'!!

I don't use any fancy programs to create my patterns, no ProCreate or Illustrator apps or tools, just good old Photoshop CS6 and making shapes and moving them where they need to be to create repeating patterns. I'm going to TRY to film it with a recorder on my computer, adding notes as I go and then post it at my YouTube channel.

Until then, here are some fall tiled, geometric style patterns I've just created! I'll be creating some patterns to go with these in various contrasting colors so you will see them as 'mix and match' for bed linens, curtains, blankets and pillows and such! Those will be listed at my Spoonflower shop too!








----------------------------------------------------------------------


*NOTE*
This is for my Spoonflower fabric design shop. They require patterns to be at 150 pixels per inch for printing, not 300ppi as for printing on other substrates. Printing on various papers, canvases and wood, it is advisable to use at least 300ppi, for clarity.
















----------------------------------------------------------
This is handy info for creating a square pattern, where the sides of the image are the same. Works for any size square. This is also how it is in Photoshop, the program I use for creating my art, patterns and paintings. I use other programs, but this is the one I prefer for pattern making.


Hope this helped you in some way! I will try to create a video for my YouTube channel showing all of this! Keep watching!

is a YouTube video showing how I use Artrage Vitae to create patterns! This is all so simple and done for you!



No comments: