9.18.2023

STICKERS

 STICKER ART

Sticker art is like tattoo art. It's its own entity, it has to have that special sticker 'look' like tattoo 'flash' it has to have sticker 'style'! I think the popularity of stickers has grown immensely and will continue to grow because of the nature of the art. You can wear t-shirts that make a statement, but stickers go anywhere and you can use so many different ones to make that statement. It's easy to add your style tastes to anything! Look around, people are always putting stickers on their folders, computers, cases of all kinds, stickers on lockers, on walls, mirrors, refrigerators, skateboards, planners, journals, books, fingernails art and on and on and on!




I think it would be great to be able to have our stickers printed on a cloth material that has sticky backs, so you can stick them on anything, objects or clothing and then take them off without ripping the sticker or leaving residue on the clothing or object, like furniture. A 'print on demand' company that does this would be awesome! I'm on the look out for one now.


I've seen iron-on stickers in the sewing department, in 'notions' (does anyone use that term anymore?) I had some little floral iron on stickers that I used for patches. They looked like vintage flowers and I so love vintage! They also looked like they were embroidered, so pretty! So, I would like to find a place where I can upload my art and make fabric embroidered stickers. I think that would be so much fun!

There are many place that offer stickers. Sticker Mule is a well known company. Stickers that come on huge sheets such as the 14" x 14" size from Zazzle and Redbubble. And they both make various smaller sizes too. 

I've seen stickers on rolls of ribbon style paper too, which I think is pretty darn handy! So many ways to purchase stickers, on rolls, on sheets or individuals and all of the sticker printing companies make them and other items that you can get pretty reasonably if you buy quantities.

So, I just took a look around the web for stickers and I honestly cannot believe how many sites and shops there are! Many of them have wholesale prices but I don't want to buy my own stickers if I only get 100 of one design, I would like 100 different designs at cost.

YouTube has a couple of videos showing easy ways to make your own cloth stickers too! Oh boy, I've got to check that out! The only thing that bothers me is that I do not want to print my own, you have to have a certain printer and the printer ink is so expensive. I probably won't do any printing myself, too costly! 

I wouldn't mind drop-shipping too, if I know that the products will get to the customer in a timely manner. Printify is one that does this. Now they want us to sign up for a Premium Plan and they take the total price which is over 200 dollars, giving us a 20% discount on everything, but who has that kind of money up front? Oh, and you 'agree' to them taking money automatically unless you cancel before the renewal date. Lots of other Terms Of Use that you had better know too, it's all so complicated!

Besides stickers, I'd like to sell 'mock ups' of ways to display stickers. I would love to make some templates of hands holding stickers or stickers on something that is easy to use for everyone. You have to have an art program that can use layers, there is just no other way to do it. PNG files of stickers slapped onto JPG photos may work too, but you still have to have the ability to have layers.


This would be a good product to sell at Etsy, for folks who know all about PNG files, transparent backgrounds, layers and know of all the art programs out there that can handle layers and PNGs.



These robot stickers and magnets are so cute! I want to make some more for Halloween. Maybe robot kitties or robot monsters, or NOW I HAVE to go because I'm getting all these neat ideas to make some stickers!! I love sticker art! Now, to find other people who do and want to buy mine!

No comments: