12.05.2023

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

 HOLIDAY CHEER


I know, it is hard to have holiday cheer, any sort of cheer, lately. In the last few years we've all been ravaged by devastation of all kinds. Coming from every angle in our lives, we've all got something to be saddened and very concerned about. 

From major battles, countries killing each other to family matters, illness, estrangements, divorces, losses, changes in our lifestyles, loss of jobs and people, it's almost truly, too much to bear.

I've seen a message floating around at Instagram in the last two days, some actors are passing this around:


I don't know who Howard Zinn is, but I will be looking him up to find out. We need all the inspiration we can get in these very troubled times. 

Just looked him up and he does have a website. Howard Zinn (August 24, 1922 - January 27,2010) was a historian, author, professor, playwright and activist.

Just when you think things cannot get worse, they do. But, keep hope, always keep hope. I must. If anything, I will.

Often, I think of the Hercule Poirot episode called 'Appointment With Death' as he told two young people to recall the last creature left in Pandora's box after it was opened, it was very small, very frail, that followed them into the world .... hope.'

Well, it is a good thought, a mighty good thing to keep your faith and have hope for our world, for the big things as well as those little things, like our friends and family. Our aquaintances on social media sites too! 

Send your friends and family a cheerful message, don't let the horrors of the world affect you in your home, in your space. Keep being good and helping others, stay in contact, care for everyone, do kind things and your world will be more cheerful.



Don't watch the news or click on negative images or articles. Stay off of social media for a while! Give yourself some space and clear your mind! You don't have to watch the daily news or be inundated with ads and crap!!

Followers, strangers, newbies, people I've never met and may never know you are reading this, if you are reading this, I pray for YOU! I say good things for YOU and wish and HOPE all the best for YOU and yours.

Make this time of year happy, you can do that, yes you can! Do what makes you happy and content and you don't have to tell anyone else about it, no comparing or keeping up. 

I'm taking a break from social media. I'm going for walks, petting my cat and making new recipes, arting and making kaleidoscope videos and keeping in touch with my family and I KNOW I will have a happy holiday. Hope you do too!

No comments: